Hockey Season 2020/21
Please review the following document PJHA COVID Mitigation Plan for the upcoming hockey season.
Registration will open soon.
As a sanctioned USA Hockey Association, Potsdam Junior Hockey Association (PJHA) is considered a responsible party, required to have a COVID19 Mitigation Plan, and responsible for adhering to all local, state and federal COVID19 regulations. This document outlines PJHA’s plan for managing hockey within the regulations and requirements set forth by NYS Department of Health, NYS Amateur Hockey Association and USA Hockey. Additional guidance documentation can be found at the links below:
It is understood the association will follow all local and state regulations first, followed by NYSAHA and USA Hockey Return to Hockey Guidance Documents. PJHA will work cooperatively with all arenas it rents ice from, including but not limited to Pine Street Arena, operated by the Village of Potsdam, to support and enforce all requirements and mitigating plans required by the arenas. As conditions, requirements and regulations continue to change, the association will continue to adapt and update its program to meet the published requirements.
PJHA has created a Return to Hockey Committee consisting of Board Members, Coaches and Parents. The responsibility of this committee is to monitor state and local government websites for updates or changes to COVID-19 guidelines.
We will run the PJHA Krispy Kreme doughnut fundraising event from December 3rd – 12th. PJHA earns $3.50 for each dozen sold! The money raised goes into the general pool which allows PJHA to offset rising ice costs; this keeps registration rates from rising.
· Sell the Krispy Kreme plain, glazed donuts – for those who have not had them, they are super sweet & delicious.
· Coaches will have order forms available at practice the week of Dec. 3rd or you can print your own (form attached).
· Cost is $8/dozen.
· Money to be collected AT TIME OF SALE, checks payable to PJHA.
· Advertising flyer attached
· Turn in order forms by December 12th to team coaches or Lara Niles, Missy Thomas, or Laura Holsopple (Rossner). Or email to email@example.com
· Doughnut pick up on the evening of Monday, December 16th at Pine Street Arena.
· All players selling 5 boxes or more will have their names entered into a drawing for prizes (gift cards, hockey tickets, t-shirts, etc.); the top seller wins a certificate for 1 hour of free ice time!
If you need further information or have questions, please reply to this email or ask Lara Niles, Missy Thomas or Laura Holsopple (Rossner).Read More